Beacon is not a crisis service. If you need support urgently, please contact Samaritans (number below), call your GP or visit your local Accident and Emergency Department.
Samaritans – Helpline and support for everyone
Opening Hours: 24/7.
Free calls to 116 123 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Papyrus – Charity for the prevention of young suicide. Helpline and support for people under 35
Opening hours: Mon – Fri 10am – 10pm; Sat – Sun 2pm – 10pm; Bank Holidays: 2pm – 5pm.
Call HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 or Email: email@example.com
Campaign against Living Miserably (CALM) – Helpline and support for men.
Opening hours: Every day from 5pm – midnight.
Call 0800 58 58 58 or Email:
Childline – Advice, helpline and support for children and young people under 19. Opening hours: 24/7
Free calls: 0800 1111 (Calls do not show on phone bills)
Email: https://www.childline.org.uk/locker/email/ (You can create an account)
Website: https://www.childline.org.uk/ (Can hide webpage with one click)
The Silver Line – Free confidential helpline provides information, friendship advice to older people. Opening Hours: 24/7 every day of the year
Free calls: 0800 4 70 80 90
Shining a light on Suicide – Information service for those bereaved by suicide bereavement or dealing with suicidal thoughts. Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm
Tel: 0161 212 4919
Our Funders, Partners and supporters- 1point North West: https://www.1pointbolton.org.uk/
- Alexander Bursk: https://www.alexanderbursk.co.uk/
- Bolton at Home: https://www.boltonathome.org.uk/
- Bolton CVS: https://www.boltoncvs.org.uk/
- Fortalice: http://fortalice.org.uk/
- Mhist: http://mhist.co.uk/
- Simeon Centre: http://www.simeoncentre.org.uk/
- St Georges: https://www.1pointbolton.org.uk/st-georges-day-centre/
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP): https://www.bacp.co.uk/
Links to Other Agencies- Anxiety UK: https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/
- Disrespect Nobody: https://www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/
- Mind: https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Rape Crisis: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide (SoBS) – Support group: https://uksobs.org/
- St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC): https://www.stmaryscentre.org/
- Survivors Manchester: https://www.survivorsmanchester.org.uk/ Support for Male survivors of sexual abuse and rape
- SurvivorsUK - supporting male survivors of sexual violence: https://www.survivorsuk.org/
- The Survivors Trust: http://thesurvivorstrust.org/
- Violence against Women and Girls: https://www.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-law/violence-against-women-and-girls/
- Winston’s Wish: https://www.winstonswish.org/ Bereavement support for children and young people.